SPENCER COUNTY TIRE AMNESTY
where: Spencer County Road Department
location: 843 Fairgrounds Road, Taylorsville
date: Friday April 25th and Saturday April 26th
time: 8:00am - 3:00pm
date: Sunday April 27th
time: 8:00am - 12:00noon
Open to Spencer County residents and businesses only.
(Businesses will be charged $1 per tire)
If you have any questions please call Todd Burch, Spencer County Road Department Foreman at 502/817-2788 or Curtis Ochs, Spencer County Solid Waste Coordinator at 502/477-3218.
SPENCER COUNTY SPRING CLEANUP
MAY 12 - 16
CURBSIDE PICKUP FOR ALL COUNTY RESIDENTS WITH
RUMPKE GARBAGE COLLECTION SERVICE
GUIDELINES FOR BULKY ITEM PICKUP:
1. Place all items at the curb on your regular scheduled garbage day. Have items out at whatever time Rumpke trucks are permitted to be in the County, usually 6:00am or 7:00am. Depending on the route, a separate truck might be sent to retrieve the extra items.
2. All loose items should be in containers or bundled. No container or bundle should weigh in excess of 75 pounds.
3. Large items, such as appliances or furniture, may be included. Any appliance with CFCs must have the CFCs removed by a qualified service person. He/she will affix a sticker to the appliance. Rumpke cannot accept such items without a sticker.
4. If you have an item that could cut or puncture someone, such as broken glass, it should be placed in a secure container or bundled and labeled so as to eliminate the possibility of injury. It may be necessary to tape some glass to prevent shattering.
1. No paint, cleaning fluids, motor oil, or other liquids.
2. No construction debris, such as bricks, concrete blocks, shingles, or lumber.
3. No scrap metal.
4. No rolls of carpet. We may accept carpet that has been cut up 2'x2' and bundled.
5. No tires.
6. No auto or marine batteries.
7. No medical waste.
8. No yard waste, tree limbs, stumps or large amounts of sand, dirt, or gravel.
9. No CFCs or freon.
10. No hazardous waste.
11. Rumpke cannot accept large screen TVs or large pieces of glass, such as in a storm door unless the guidelines above are followed.
Although Rumpke will be flexible when possible, Rumpke must obey all regulation governing waste collections and disposal and provide for employee safety.
Thank you for your cooperation.